No April Fools with these recipes! They are fool proof and deliscious!
Mango-Pork Fried Rice
Tropical mango gives this fried rice the aroma and taste of paradise!
- 3/4 cup diced cooked pork
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 mango, peeled and diced (1 pound)
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (3 ounces)
- 1 T finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 t reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
- 1/8 t pepper
Mix pork and cornstarch. Spray nonstick wok or 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until cooking spray starts to bubble. Add pork, mango, water chestnuts, mushrooms, gingerroot and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Remove pork mixture from wok.
Spray wok or skillet with cooking spray; heat until cooking spray starts to bubble. Add rice; stir-fry about 1 minute or until rice is hot. Stir in soy sauce. Add pork mixture, peas, onions and pepper; stir-fry 1 minute.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini
Crisp, tender zucchini sticks oven-roasted to absolute perfection. It’s healthy, nutritious, easy and delish.
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture. Place into oven and bake until tender, about 15 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Black Bottom Peanut Butter Pie
This tasty treat was recently made by team member Emily for Mitzi's birthday. It was enjoyed by the Lenexa team!
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 7 whole graham crackers, coarsely broken
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/3 cups bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips (about 8 ounces)
- 2/3 cup plus 1 3/4 cups chilled whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 6 ounces (1 cup) peanut butter chips
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish with nonstick spray. Blend graham crackers, melted butter, and 2 tablespoons sugar in processor until moist clumps form. Press crumb mixture over bottom and up sides of prepared pie dish. Bake crust until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine chocolate chips, 2/3 cup cream, corn syrup, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium heat until chocolate softens, about 3 minutes. Whisk until melted and smooth. Spread chocolate mixture over bottom of crust. Freeze 10 minutes.
Microwave peanut butter chips and 3/4 cup cream in large microwave-safe bowl on medium heat at 15-second intervals just until chips soften, stirring often. Whisk in peanut butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Cool to barely lukewarm. Beat remaining 1 cup cream and 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl until very thick but not yet holding peaks; fold into peanut butter mixture in 3 additions. Spoon mousse over chocolate layer. Chill at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.