Icy Hands Punch
This recipe not only tastes good, it will add a creepy touch to your party!
To make the icy hand:
Take 2 (always good to have an extra hand) latex gloves, put them on and wash your hands with dish soap. Rinse well and turn the glove inside out so the just washed side is on the inside. Next, fill the gloves with water, tie the end and freeze. Once frozen remove the glove and you are good to go.
To make the Punch:
1 750 ml bottle premium Vodka or White Rum
2 2 liter bottles of Lemon Lime Soda-make sure it is clear
red food coloring
Chill the Vodka (in the freezer) and Soda (in the fridge) for at least 24 hours. Just before the party combine the two liquids in a large punch bowl. Add a few drops of the red food coloring to make it blood red, well maybe more than a few drops. Add one of your icy hands in the center of the bowl, throw in the marshmallows and squirt some more food coloring over all of it for extra bloodiness.
This drink looks like a pumpkin, but does not taste like one.
1 oz Hennessy VSOP Cognac
1 1/2 oz orange juice
1/2 oz ginger ale
1/2 oz Grand Marnier
orange wheel and lime twist for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a shaker.
Strain into a lowball glass over ice.
Float an orange wheel with a lime twist poked into the top.
Great Pumpkin Punch
1 hollowed out pumpkin, meduim to large size
1 gallon apple cider
2 liters ginger ale
a fifth of rum, or adjust to taste
Mix up ingredients and serve in the pumpkin with floating pumpkin chunks.
Shrunken Heads in Cider
Serves about 30
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 8 large Granny Smith apples
- 32 whole cloves
- 2 gallons apple cider
- 2 (12-ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups spiced rum (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together lemon juice and salt; set aside.
- Peel apples and cut each in half through the stem; remove seeds and core. Using a sharp paring knife, carve a face, as desired, on the rounded side of each apple half. Place apples in lemon mixture for one minute; transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Place apples, face-side up on prepared baking sheet and transfer to oven. Let bake until apples are dry and begin to brown around the edges, about 90 minutes. Remove apples from baking sheets and press cloves into the “eye” sockets.
- Combine cider, lemonade, and rum (if using) in a large punchbowl; float shrunken heads on top.
Bleeding Heart Martini
- 2 ounces dry vermouth
- 8 ounces premium gin
- Ice cubes
- 4 pickled Baby Beets
Chill 4 martini glasses in the freezer until frosty. Add the vermouth, dividing evenly; swirl to coat the glasses, then pour out. Add gin to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously until chilled; divide among chilled glasses. Garnish each with a skewered pickle baby beet, and serve immediately.