Hearty Italian Salad
- 8 cups ready-to-serve salad greens
- 8 slices deli pastrami, cut into strips
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Seasoned salad croutons, sliced ripe olives and sliced pepperoncini
Divide salad greens among four plates; layer with pastrami, ham, cheese and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing. Top with croutons, olives and pepperoncini.
Courtesy of Taste of Home
Italian Meat Loaf
- 1 ½ lbs hamburger
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup cracker crumbs
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. oregano
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
Combine hamburger, egg, cracker crumbs, chopped onion, 1/3 cup tomato sauce, salt, oregano and pepper. Mix Well.
Shape into 10” x 12” rectangle on wax paper. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Roll up, jelly-roll fashion, and press ends to seal.
Place in shallow baking dish. Bake at 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
Drain fat. Pour 2/3 cup tomato sauce over top and bake 15 minutes longer.
Courtesy of Company’s Coming ( Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri)