Skewered Shrimp and Prosciutto
6 – Servings
- 9 thin slices of prosciutto
- 3 dozen medium-size raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 dozen pitted California black olives
- 18 thin lemon slices (2-3 lemons)
- 1/3 cup finely chpped Italian parsley
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- Crushed dried red pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, or more
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cut each slice of prosciutto lengthwise into halves and wrap 1 piece of prosciutto around each of 18 shrimp
Slide 2 olives onto one of 6 skewers. Slide a wrapped shrimp onto skewer. Wrap a lemon slice around a plain shrimp and slide onto skewer. Repeat, using 2 more prosciutto wrapped shrimp and 2 more lemon wrapped shrimp. End with 2 more olives. Repeat skewering procedure with remaining shrimp, lemons and olives.
Lay each skewer on a piece of foil. Sprinkle with parsley, chopped garlic and red pepper to taste. Drizzle each skewer with a tablespoon or so of olive oil and seal the packets. Set on a baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until shrimp are done. Do not overcook. Transfer packets to plates and allow guests to open them at the table.
Courtesy of The Silver Palate Cookbook