Beef & Black Bean Enchiladas
- 2 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup sliced or chopped bell peppers
- 1 Medium onion – chopped or sliced
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 8 oz ground sirloin (93% lean hamburger)
- 1 -15oz can black beans – drained & rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 – 8 inch flour tortillas
- 1 – 16oz jar hot salsa ( use mild if you don’t care for the heat)
- ½ can Enchilada Sauce (Red)
- 1 Cup Mexican or Monterrey Jack cheese (sometimes I mix a little of both together) I make sure the top is completely covered with Cheese so you may need more than a cup!
Mix salsa and enchilada sauce together. Set aside. Sauté onion and peppers until soft. Add ground beef and garlic. Cook until no longer pink. Add Chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, salt, black beans and ¼ cup salsa mixture – Mix well.
Spread ¼ of remaining salsa over the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan – fill tortillas with ¼ – ½ cup mixture, roll and place in pan. Cover with salsa and cheese.
Bake 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until hot.
Credit: Erin Pontow