Who remembers the 70’s…….Diana Ross goes solo, Beatles break up, Melania Trump is born, Mary Tyler Moore show debuts, Coco Chanel dies, Amtrak begins service, The Godfather debuts, Watergate, Mash…..and last but certainly not least Harvey Wallbanger Cake.
HARVEY WALLBANGER CAKE
- 18 3/4 ounces box/18.75 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Galliano liqueur
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 3 ounces package/3 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice (fresh is best)
- 1 tablespoon Galliano liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vodka
Bake the Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Grease and flour a Bundt pan or spray with floured vegetable spray.
3. Place the cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, Galliano liqueur, vodka, pudding mix, and orange juice into a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Pour the cake mixture evenly into the prepared Bundt pan and tap gently on the counter to release any air bubbles.
5. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. (Do not overbake or it will become dry.)
6. Let the cake rest for 5 minutes.
7. Gently loosen the edges around the rims with a thin rubber spatula. Invert and unmold the cake from the Bundt pan onto a cake platter.
Glaze the Cake
1. Mix the powdered sugar, orange juice, Galliano liqueur, and vodka until the mixture is smooth. (If it is too thick, add more orange juice a few drops at a time to get a drizzling consistency. If it is too thin, add more powdered sugar a teaspoon at a time.)
2. Drizzle the glaze over the cake while it’s still warm; let cool to room temperature for the glaze to set.
Courtesy: The Spruce Eats